Monday, June 30, 2014

'Obama year 6' and so Many Liberals are not Proud of America?

(My new American Thinker post)

Maybe we have too many polls. However, this one caught my attention.

According to Pew, as reported in the Washington Post, there are a lot of liberals who are not proud of the country:

Michelle Obama took some heat in 2008 for saying that, "for the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country..."

As it turns out, that sentiment isn't all that unusual on the far left of American politics.

According to a new Pew Research Center study, only 40 percent of consistently liberal Americans say they often feel proud to be Americans.

The other 60 percent say that doesn't describe them.

The finding is contained in Pew's new "Political Typology" report, which breaks Americans down into seven different categories --rather than the usual three. Among the seven categories, "solid liberals" are the only group in which a majority say they aren't regularly proud to be Americans."
This poll is stunning for two reasons:

1) I thought that Obama was the "change we've been waiting for";

2) What country are they proud of? Where else would these people rather live?

Maybe we should trade all of these liberals for entrepreneurs around the world who appreciate freedom and free markets. I'm sure that there'd be a lot of volunteers around the globe.

Of course, maybe liberals are just miserably unhappy people. Let's not overlook that explanation for this poll. 


P.S. You can hear CANTO TALK here & follow me on Twitter @ scantojr.


Tags: Liberals not proud of the US To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

Search This Blog