"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." - President Ronald Reagan
It has happened before. In other words, the current president will blame his predecessor for this or that. However, I don't remember someone doing it in his third year or to this degree.
The Biden administration has a "Trump" for everything. Let's look at five of their excuses in this article from Ben Whedon:
President Joe Biden, however, has time and again sought to sidestep the weighty burden of history through the simple expedient of passing the buck for presidential choices gone awry to his predecessor.
With Biden's job approval rating remaining well underwater, his administration is redoubling efforts to blame its perceived failures on former President Trump — a practice dating back to its botched withdrawal from Afghanistan in August 2021 and stretching right up to the present, with its much-panned responses to the Chinese spy balloon and the Ohio toxic train derailment.
Let's look deeper:
1) Blame the Ohio derailment on Trump executive orders. Not true — but they had two years to reverse them if the rules were so dangerous to rail safety.
2) Balloons flew over us when Trump was president. No one in the Trump administration remembers, and I guarantee you that some bureaucrat would have leaked it to his favorite newsman if so. They leaked everything else.
3) Inflation was here when I got here. Well, inflation was here at 1.4%, and it’s a lot higher now.
4) Trump left us a chaotic border. This is so absurd that it makes you wonder how they can say it with a straight face.
5) Trump made me get out of Afghanistan the way we did. Why didn't Trump do it when he was president? He wanted to get out but understood that it was important to leave correctly.
Why do the Biden administration's people engage in these lies?
First, they know that the media won't challenge them. The journalists have been on a long "siesta" since Biden took over.
Second, and more seriously, the "Biden-istas" don't know what they are doing.
We say happy birthday to John Travolta who was born in New Jersey on this day in 1954.
As everyone knows, I am not a movie critic. I do remember "Saturday Night Fever" and watching John Travolta put on a dancing clinic. I recall leaving the theater "dumb founded" with Travolta's incredible performance. It wasn't much of a story but it was a great dancing movie! So this is my choice for "dancing movie"!
P.S. You can listen to my show (Canto Talk). If you like our posts, please look for ”Donate” on the right column.
Back in the fall of 1990, I was working on several projects down in Ciudad Juarez on the other side of the border from El Paso, Texas. My work required me to fly to El Paso on Monday morning and spend a couple of days in Ciudad Juarez. My plane from Dallas landed around 10:45 local time and then I rented a car for the drive across the border.
A few minutes after 11 am, Rush would come on and I loved the show. It was so different than anything on the radio those days. Later, I found Rush on Dallas radio and I’ve been listening ever since.
Rush’s success was because he was genuine and believed what he was saying. And he loved the US and what it stood for.