Saturday, August 11, 1973

August 11, 1973: "American Graffiti" at the movies


Once in a while, you can catch "American Graffiti" on TV.  In fact, I saw it a few months ago.  Frankly, I enjoyed it a bit the more "the 10th" time around.

Back in '73, I did not get into "American Graffiti" at all.  It "didn't have much a plot" as they sang in "Wake up Little Susie"! 

Happy anniversary to a very popular movie.  

The music was great but the story is still a bit confusing so many years later.    Like "Saturday Night Fever", the songs were better than the story.     Nevertheless, the movie had an impact and introduced a lot of people to Wolfman Jack, the legendary DJ who was very popular in the West coast.

Let me find my soundtrack copy, that double LP that I bought in the 70's now available in a digital format.

P.S.  Check out my blog for posts, podcasts and videos. If you like our posts, please look for ”Donate” on the right column of the blog page.


Search This Blog