Thursday, June 14, 2012
The "BO coalition" is cracking up because it was all a big fairy tale
We've come a long way from that summer of '08 & the "irrational welcome" in Germany or "groupies" cheering the new president in January '09.
I guess that results matter after all.
This is a sample from this week's headlines:
1) Germany, the place where Euro-BO-mania had its start:
"Germans were ecstatic when Barack Obama took over the keys to the White House from George W. Bush. Now, though, a new Pew Research Center survey shows that disillusionment with the US president is widespread in Germany and that Obama has not lived up to the high expectations Europeans had of him." (Spiegel)
I guess that the Germans don't like the fact that GITMO is still open, the Bush plan was followed in Iraq, we escalated Afghanistan and now we learned that Pres BO picks what terrorist to blow up.
My reaction: Were Germans really that stupid? Were these people so drunk on Bush Derangememnt Syndrome to believe that a US president would change our anti-terror policies?
Pres BO does not have "a message problem" anymore than Pres Carter had a "message problem" back in 1980. This is not about message. This is about results and the growing perception that Pres BO is in over head.
3) We heard complaint after complaint in the recent Cartagena meeings that Pres BO does not have a Latin American policy. From Mexico to Argentina, there are real concerns that Pres BO is disconnected.
4) Last, but not least, there are more signs that Pres BO has a "base" problem. The left is not energized for some of the same reasons that the aforementioned Germans are disappointed. The American left fell in love with a guy who had never accomplished anything and now can't understand why he can't accomplish anything. For more analysis on this read Jay Cost's latest post.
It wasn't supposed to be this way but it is.
Click to hear the Wednesday show with Barry Casselman:
Tags: The "BO coalition" is cracking up because it was all a big fairy tale To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!
Posted by Silvio Canto, Jr. Post Link ---> 1:00 AM
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- December (13)
- November (87)
- October (108)
- September (87)
- August (79)
- July (62)
- June (70)
- May (71)
- April (60)
- March (43)
- February (46)
- January (55)
- December (40)
- November (35)
- October (47)
- September (35)
- August (33)
- July (43)
- Pres BO was in shock when we water-boarded 3 terro...
- It's a tax and let Pres BO & Dems defend that now!...
- Pres BO is just playing politics with Hispanics an...
- Remembering The Berlin Airlift and presidential le...
- Venezuela? Pres BO is acting more and more like Hu...
- Calling Jorge Ramos: Hispanics Are More Interested...
- The Supreme Court upholds the key provision of the...
- The problem with Fast & Furious is that a bunch of...
- Happy birthday: Robert Jaggers is 90 years old
- Dear Brides & Grooms: Cancel your honeymoon and se...
- Dear President Calderon: Mexico would benefit from...
- First weekend of summer memories: Songs and watch...
- Pres BO has actually lost support since he went ar...
- Stand up and fight against Pres BO's war against C...
- The Beach Boys must be pretty good if George Will ...
- Pres BO goes into "fast & furious" mode to keep th...
- Governing by presidential decree should scare the ...
- The first day of summer and happy 70th birthday to...
- The Hispanic "love affair" with Pres BO is more of...
- Romney should talk to Hispanics about jobs, public...
- This is not about the young "dreamers"......this i...
- Happy # 70 for Paul McCartney
- Happy Fathers Day 2012
- Dear Pres BO: Where are the 800,000 "dreamers" go...
- Why do we need a constitution? We have Barack "Hu...
- A very weak Pres BO allows Russia made helicopters...
- Amnesty by executive order & pathetic pandering in...
- Mid-June surprises and disappointments with the Ra...
- The Dixie Cups and a song that everybody loves
- Wouldn't you spank your kid if he was whining like...
- The "BO coalition" is cracking up because it was a...
- Some thoughts about that Mexican presidential elec...
- It would help if a presidential candidate in Mexic...
- Europe needs a Gov Walker and Wisconsin's voters
- "Donde estan"? Where are all of those Hispanic vot...
- Pres BO needs plumbers because the "leaking" is ou...
- The anti-Bush is too much like Bush for a lot of d...
- Remembering "Respect" by Aretha Franklin
- Pres BO looks lost and overwhelmed by the job
- Wisconsin will be the beginning of the end for pub...
- It is a shame that many Dems are covering AG Holde...
- Pres Reagan and the D-Day speech that every kid sh...
- Some thoughts on the Wisconsin recall
- Remembering Herb Reed and the amazing Platters
- Why isn't Pres Calderon of Mexico screaming about ...
- Twilight Zone: Mariela "SI" but Walesa "NO"
- "Hispanos" hit very hard by today's economic numbe...
- What a great ad to mock Pres BO and the lefty "Hol...
- Is angry Maureen about to dump BO?
- Happy # 45 to Sgt Pepper
- Friday's bad economic news: Is anybody still drin...
- Dear Mariela: Your family is the mafia NOT the Cub...
- The "war on women" theme has completely backfired ...
- May (58)
- April (58)
- March (54)
- February (53)
- January (64)
- December (66)
- November (47)
- October (64)
- September (75)
- August (70)
- July (83)
- June (83)
- May (85)
- April (74)
- March (73)
- February (63)
- January (74)
- December (82)
- November (70)
- October (67)
- September (58)
- August (72)
- July (92)
- June (76)
- May (69)
- April (67)
- March (61)
- February (56)
- January (99)
- December (120)
- November (89)
- October (97)
- September (109)
- August (115)
- July (115)
- June (121)
- May (121)
- April (112)
- March (127)
- February (107)
- January (131)
- December (116)
- November (98)
- October (107)
- September (90)
- August (104)
- July (137)
- June (131)
- May (129)
- April (96)
- March (84)
- February (95)
- January (85)
- December (103)
- November (108)
- October (94)
- September (85)
- August (70)
- July (90)
- June (84)
- May (101)
- April (111)
- March (109)
- February (98)
- January (105)
- December (120)
- November (109)
- October (142)
- September (120)
- August (109)
- July (78)
- June (63)
- May (45)
- April (40)
- March (72)
- February (81)
- January (66)
- December (82)
- November (46)
- October (33)
- September (39)
- August (42)
- July (32)
- June (30)
- May (28)
- April (9)
- March (24)
- February (18)
- January (17)