Friday, November 11, 2011
The GOP debate, AG Holder, Solyndra and a few other thoughts!
It was actually a pretty good debate or Q&A session. Unfortunately, it will always be remembered as the night that Gov Perry forgot the name of the 3rd department that he plans to close.
It's hard to pick a winner in these Q&A sessions but I'm calling it a tie between Cain and Romney. Gingrich comes in 3rd because he is just great at this kind of debating.
What about the rest? Perry was doing well until he "fumbled" badly. Huntsman is very bright but he is not clicking with anybody. Paul is Paul and that's all you can say. Santorum & Bachman are interesting but they are going nowhere!
Speaking of Perry, why didn't someone on his staff force him to write down the names of the 3 departments that he plans to close? Don't these guys have notes on the podium for quick reference?
Overall, Romney wins because he is one step closer to New Hampshire. He is also well briefed and prepared. He is looking more and more presidential every time.
I understand that some conservatives don't like him. At the same time, I think that we are slowly walking to a simple reality: Romney or Obama will be "sworn in" in 14 months!
Did you watch AG Holder's presentation before the Senate this week? Is "disgraceful" the right word or not? How can AG Holder say that no one told him about putting 2,000 guns in Mexico? "I don't read memos" or "my staff did not tell me" are not excuses at this level or when we are talking about putting 2,000 high powered weapons in the hands of criminals!
Did you hear about Solyndra? This is the mother of all "crony capitalism". We just learned this week that there were lots of contacts between the White House and Solyndra's executives. This is "Chicago politics" in Washington!
How much longer can Pres BO keep AG Holder & Secretary Chu? It's getting very difficult to defend the incompetence of these two men! When will Pres BO call on these men to do something else for a living?
Click for our Thursday night show:
Tags: The Michigan/CNBC GOP debate To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!
Posted by Silvio Canto, Jr. Post Link ---> 12:01 AM
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- December (32)
- November (87)
- October (108)
- September (87)
- August (79)
- July (62)
- June (70)
- May (71)
- April (60)
- March (43)
- February (46)
- January (55)
- December (40)
- November (35)
- October (47)
- September (35)
- August (33)
- July (43)
- June (53)
- May (58)
- April (58)
- March (54)
- February (53)
- January (64)
- December (66)
- Tuesday, the euro & another crazy day in Europe!
- How did a group of "students" get into the UK emba...
- The end of 2011 reminds a lot of us about the end ...
- George Harrison died 10 years ago!
- They told me that the US president would be very u...
- My sister is a year older BUT nobody mentions her ...
- 2012, Salespeople and goals
- The election in Spain: What's next?
- Happy Thanksgiving: Go Cowboys, Aggies & thanks t...
- The Founding Fathers created the presidency to lea...
- Are Dems really serious about asking Pres BO to st...
- Say hello to the first place (6-4) Dallas Cowboys!...
- Goodbye Rod-Zap and thank you people of Spain!
- We are feeling very good about Spain today!
- It looks like an important shake up is coming in S...
- Three amazing songs from The Temptations!
- Some thoughts about the situation in Mexico
- The Obama way: Why do rich Democrats need federal ...
- "Pedro Pan" is 50: The story of how 14,000 Cuban c...
- The "in the tank for Obama" NY Times declares war ...
- Will Jackson & Sharpton call on stores to stop sel...
- They told me that young people would not be excite...
- Hype not Hope: Pres BO can't get China & Russia to...
- The European mess is our ghost of "Obama future"!
- Guns to Mexico? Bush consulted with Mexico BUT Ob...
- We don't mind a little love as long as Dallas beat...
- Iran: Why do so many refuse to see the threat?
- Pres BO votes "present" on the pipeline (and jobs)...
- Time flies: "Stairway to heaven" is 40!
- My thoughts about the Saturday night GOP debate
- A little "off season" baseball PLUS Veterans Day!
- The GOP debate, AG Holder, Solyndra and a few othe...
- Why is Texas doing better than most of the country...
- Romney looks like a winner to me!
- What exactly does Pres BO hate about dealing with ...
- We need a little truth about immigration reform!
- Who will hit Iran first? Israel? Stay tuned!
- G20: Pres BO's charm is gone & even the French don...
- "96 tears" is 45 years old!
- Another Friday of very weird economic news!
- My reaction to Senator Rubio in Dallas!
- The Solyndra problem is more and more "problematic...
- Pres BO still has a very big "guns to cartels" pro...
- Greece and bad news for Pres BO!
- The left goes after Rubio, Cruz & now Cain!
- The Cowboys finish a horrible weekend for the loca...
- Why aren't we talking about foreign policy?
- October (64)
- September (75)
- August (70)
- July (83)
- June (83)
- May (85)
- April (74)
- March (73)
- February (63)
- January (74)
- December (82)
- November (70)
- October (67)
- September (58)
- August (72)
- July (92)
- June (76)
- May (69)
- April (67)
- March (61)
- February (56)
- January (99)
- December (120)
- November (89)
- October (97)
- September (109)
- August (115)
- July (115)
- June (121)
- May (121)
- April (112)
- March (127)
- February (107)
- January (131)
- December (116)
- November (98)
- October (107)
- September (90)
- August (104)
- July (137)
- June (131)
- May (129)
- April (96)
- March (84)
- February (95)
- January (85)
- December (103)
- November (108)
- October (94)
- September (85)
- August (70)
- July (90)
- June (84)
- May (101)
- April (111)
- March (109)
- February (98)
- January (105)
- December (120)
- November (109)
- October (142)
- September (120)
- August (109)
- July (78)
- June (63)
- May (45)
- April (40)
- March (72)
- February (81)
- January (66)
- December (82)
- November (46)
- October (33)
- September (39)
- August (42)
- July (32)
- June (30)
- May (28)
- April (9)
- March (24)
- February (18)
- January (17)