Wednesday, November 11, 1970

Happy Veterans' Day and remembering the vets from World War I



Image result for World War I images

Today, we remember every man and woman who has worn the military uniform, from the Revolutionary War to Iraq.

We should pay special attention this year to the few remaining members who served in World War I.


There are very few left, as you can see in this post today:
"Photographer David DeJonge plans to capture a vanishing bit of history Tuesday on a trip to Arlington National Cemetery near Washington.
There he hopes to photograph 107-year-old Frank Buckles -- one of the few men still alive who fought in World War I. Buckles will lay a wreath at the grave of Gen. John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, who led U.S. forces in Europe in World War I." (A Race to Honor World War I Vets)
Our thanks to all for their service and commitment to freedom!    We remember the "citizen soldier".

 P.S.  Check out my blog for posts, podcasts and videos. If you like our posts, please look for ”Donate” on the right column of the blog page.






Search This Blog