Tuesday, January 16, 2018

April 2006: Vicente Padilla, 3 pitches, 3 home runs!


Image result for vicente padilla rangers images

How many games have I watched over the years? Quite a few, probably a lot of games. 

Yet, I had never seen a pitcher give up 3 home runs in 3 consecutive pitches.

Back in 2006, Vicente Padilla had a 4-2 lead after 5 innings. He was pitching great.   Then everything just fell apart:

First pitch, Swisher hit it out;

Next pitch, Frank Thomas hit a long fly ball to left field; and,

Third pitch, Milton Bradley hit a line drive to the right field seats.

I have never seen anything like it.  I recall many years ago that the Twins hit consecutive home runs.

It was a strange day for Vicente Padilla. I don't think that he will forget the moment. 





Search This Blog