Saturday, May 26, 2012

The GOP primary: I voted for Ted Cruz on Friday

Mitt Romney will win the Texas GOP primary and probably clinch the nomination.  At the same time, that's nothing new since Sen Santorum and Speaker Gingrich effectively dropped out weeks ago.

We do have a very exciting US Senate primary.  It includes Lt Governor Drewhurst, Mr Cruz, former Dallas mayor Leppert and former ESPN analyst James.

I voted for Ted Cruz yesterday.  I have to recognize that Cruz and Drewhurst will probably go to the runoff.  

My vote went to reelect US Rep Marchant & State Sen Nelson.  Unfortunately, there were very too many candidates without opposition.  I think that competition is good for the party and for the elected officials.

What happens at the runoff? Your guess is as good as mine.  It will be pretty intense.  I plan to vote for Ted Cruz again in the runoff.

Ted Cruz is a candidate for significant national potential.  Like Sen Rubio in Florida, he puts Hispanics conservatives in the middle of the political arena.

On another topic, I was very happy to see BO-Care and school choice on the ballot.  We need to fight for school choice because that's the only way that public education can survive in the future.

Click here for our Thursday show with Tom Washington, Sylvia Guzman, Duke Machado and George Rodriguez:

Listen to internet radio with Silvio Canto Jr on Blog Talk Radio

Tags: The GOP primary:  I voted for Ted Cruz on Friday  To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

Search This Blog