Sunday, January 18, 1970

January 1969: The Bee Gees and "I started a joke"


Image result for the bee gees i started a joke images"I started a joke" was released in the US in January 1969.   It is one of my top 5 Bee Gees' songs and one of the best Robin Gibb lead vocals.

In January 1969, Barry was 22, Robin & Maurice were 19 and the brothers were enjoying a wonderful run on the international pop charts.

The young Gibb brothers had just released their 3rd best selling international album "IDEA"!   It followed "HORIZONTAL" and "FIRST".

They sold millions of records with monster hits like "Words", "I've gotta get a message to you", "Holiday", "To love somebody" and "Massachusetts".

"I started a joke" was one of their best compositions.  It turned into a huge hit in the US and just about everywhere else.

You can hear the song HERE.    This is a great CD of their # 1 songs.

P.S.  You can listen to my show (Canto Talk).  If you like our posts, please look for ”Donate” on the right column.

Search This Blog