Tuesday, September 02, 1980

September 2, 1945 and the formal end of World War II

Related image

On September 2, 1945, Japan formally surrendered.  And there was a lot of kissing and celebrating all over!

There were many great songs recorded in the 1940's, specially about the soldier at war and the girl back home.    

In 1945, Kitty Kalen and Harry James recorded one of the great tunes of that era.    It was titled "It's been a long long time" and you can now get it on a digital version:
"Never felt that you would be standing so close near to met there's so much I feel that I should say but words can wait until some other day 
Kiss me once, then kiss me twice, then kiss me once again,It's been a long, long time!  
Haven't felt like this my dear, since I can't remember when,It's been a long, long time! 
You'll never know how may dreams I dreamed about you,or just how empty they all seemed without you 
So, kiss me once, then kiss me twice,then kiss me once again,It's been a long, long time!"

P.S.  You can listen to my show.  If you like our posts, please look for ”Donate” on the right column of the blog page.

Search This Blog