Paxton will win, and he can thank Talarico for saying a bunch of weird things.
----------------------
They tell us that State Rep. James Talarico and AG Ken Paxton are in a tough fight here in Texas, within the margin of error, as the pollsters say. Paxton will win this, and he can thank Talarico for saying a bunch of weird things. Let's check this from Nick Arama:
We've seen a lot of wild statements from Texas Democrat Senate candidate James Talarico.
But Talarico posted a screed on Sunday about how his healthcare positions were based on "biblical grounds," then misused Jesus to justify his takes.
When Jesus healed the sick, he didn’t ask for a deductible.
When he fed the hungry, he didn’t price gouge for a profit.
When the Hebrew prophets saw corruption, they spoke truth to power.
When I take on this corrupt system, I’m doing it on biblical grounds.
On Biblical grounds? Well, that's just crazy. Where does this guy come up with this stuff?
What Talarico doesn't say is that millions of Americans are subsidized and receive health care. We are already taking care of our fellow Americans with public services, food stamps, and free this or that. And don't forget all the work of charities across Texas. For example, our church has a pantry where people can come and get free food.
In fact, I think that Jesus would look at our federal government and say that we destroyed families by creating dependency, and God only knows what he'd say about abortion. I don't think that Jesus would say that there are six genders or refer to some as our "neighbors with a uterus."
Talarico is a phony and a fraud. I don't have a problem with his church, but I would love to hear more about the real issues that a U.S. senator will have to work on.
P.S. Check out my blog for posts, podcasts, and videos.