Tuesday, January 28, 2020

It’s official: No room for pro-life Democrats

Related image
Over the weekend, Mayor Pete Buttigieg made it official or confirmed that the party has no room for pro-life Democrats. 
This is from Fox News:   
A pro-life Democrat named Kristen Day asked Buttigieg whether he wanted the support of “people like me” during the forum moderated by Fox News’ Chris Wallace — and pressed the mayor over whether he would support a change in the Democrats’ platform to emphasize that it is a “big tent” party and welcomes pro-life members. He would not commit to such a move.  “I’m not going to try to earn your vote by tricking you. I am pro-choice, and I believe that a woman ought to be able to make that decision,” Buttigieg said to applause from the rest of the audience. “The best I can offer is that if we can’t agree on where to draw the line, the next best thing we can do is agree on who should draw the line, and in my view, it’s the woman who’s faced with that decision in her own life.” 
Nice going, Pete.  Nice way of throwing a lot of Catholics and Hispanic women under the bus!
Mayor Pete’s answer speaks volumes about the intolerance on their side.  
At some point later this year, a Democrat nominee will have to appeal to a broader audience.  
Wonder if the pro-life Democrat who asked the question can be reached after she watches the Democrat convention push an abortion position that supports abortion on demand?
PS: You can listen to my show (Canto Talk) and follow me on Twitter.

Search This Blog