Sunday, October 20, 2019

Galbraith and Rukeyser died in 2006



Related image
Like many college kids in the 1970's, I had to read J.K. Galbraith's long economic textbooks and watch "Wall Street Week" with Louis Rukeyser.  

Truthfully, it was a lot more fun watching the show than reading the books.

Besides, Galbraith was a liberal economist and I was more interested in reading Milton Friedman. Nevertheless, I always found Galbraith to be very interesting.

Both men died the same week in 2006.    Galbraith in the last week of April and Rukeyser a few days later.


As for Rukeyser, I did not know that PBS had fired him. Rukeyser's show focused on business. He actually made Wall Street interesting, which is why it lasted so long.

Rukeyser & Galbraith were good men who contributed a lot to the world.     


PS: You can listen to my show (Canto Talk) and follow me on Twitter.



Search This Blog