Thursday, October 10, 2019

JR and Dallas popular as ever!




Image result for dallas tv show images
A few years ago, I took a business trip to Monterrey, Mexico.

During the dining, I told the waiter that I had landed from Dallas a few hours before. He looked at me and said "J.R.".
Incredibly, he asked a bunch of questions about the ranch and the Dallas TV show in general.

I did not want to break his heart.   In fact, Southfork is not as big in real life as it appears on TV.

The Dallas TV show grows with age, or it connects with new fans all over the world.  It went off the air in 1991 but it continues to be very popular.

Why was this show so popular?

First, great characters and personalities. There was something on the show for everybody. The show had good and bad guys. It certainly had every female character under the sun, from the mother to the wife to the flirt to the innocent young woman.

Second, timing. In the late 1970's, The Dallas Cowboys were the most popular team in the country. Everything about Dallas was "cool" at that time.

Third, some of us did keep an eye on Victoria Principal. Why not?

I have not seen the show for years. Nevertheless, there are lots of fans left everywhere!

Congratulations to the cast. They were indeed a sensation!

PS: You can listen to my show (Canto Talk) and follow me on Twitter.


Search This Blog