Monday, November 27, 2017

Iran and the story of the scorpion



Image result for iran and the scorpion clip art images

Rick Moran relates an old story in WHAT IS THE NATURE OF THE IRANIAN REGIME?:
"The Tale of the Scorpion is an old Native American parable.
A scorpion was walking along the bank of a river, wondering how to get to the other side.

Suddenly, he saw a fox. He asked the fox to take him on his back across the river.
The fox said, “No. If I do that, you’ll sting me, and I’ll drown.”The scorpion assured him, “If I do that, we’ll both drown.”
The fox thought about it and finally agreed. So the scorpion climbed up on his back, and the fox began to swim.

But halfway across the river, the scorpion stung him.

As poison filled his veins, the fox turned to the scorpion and said, “Why did you do that? Now you’ll drown, too.”
“I couldn’t help it,” said the scorpion. “It’s my nature.”
Do we give these people the benefit of the doubt? In other words, do we believe that their nuclear power is for peaceful purposes?

Or do we take out their facilities at some future time?

Put me down as someone who thinks that Iran is the scorpion in Rick's great tale.

Again, I could be wrong. Frankly, it's too much of a chance to take.



Search This Blog