Wednesday, May 20, 2020

May 20, 1902 and another anniversary of Cuba's independence




Image result for cuba 1902 images
We recall the 118th anniversary of Cuba's independence.

My grandmother was a little girl and told me stories of people walking in the streets and waving flags from the windows.

It was a happy day for a country that had been under Spain's rule (1492-1898) and then occupied by the US until 1902.

Of course, Cuba's history was shattered by the communist takeover of 1959 and the subsequent Castro family dictatorship.

Maybe Cubans will someday enjoy a real independence day from this tyrannical and oppressive regime.

PS: You can listen to my show (Canto Talk) and follow me on Twitter.


Tags: Cuba Independence Day 1902  To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

Search This Blog