Friday, July 19, 2013

Maryland, and others, gets the 'hope and change' that they voted for

(My new American Thinker post)

For the record, I went to college in Maryland. It is a very nice state and they have a wonderful baseball team.   Unfortunately, I always voted for the guy who lost the election in Maryland.

Today, we learned that Maryland employers are cutting back hours.

In other words, the "digestion of ObamaCare" is underway.

This is from a TV report in next door Delaware:

"It appears large employers are struggling to adapt to the provisions of Obamacare, and frustration is building as reality sets in.

"One piece of legislation that has made changes already - employers cutting employee hours," licensed insurance consultant Chris Keen of Keen Insurance Associates said.

By 2015, employers with at least 50 full-time, 30-hour employees will be required to provide health insurance or pay a hefty $3,000 fine for each uninsured employee. Insurance experts worry it could create some friction between the employer and employee.

"We've seen employers starting to cut down hours to 28, 25 hours such that they will not be subject to penalty for that employee," Keen said.

That's exactly what Katie Frantz says has happened to her.

"The job that I currently have is part-time. And they don't want to let me be full-time because they don't want to pay me benefits. And I don't even need the benefits because I have it through my husband. It's just very annoying," she said.

Some employers have found that from a financial standpoint, they would be better off just paying the penalty. "

I understand the employers' pain but welcome to our brave new world.

I hope that our friends in Maryland pick up the phone and call the two US Senators who passed a bill they didn't read or understand.

ObamaCare was sold as something that would be beneficial to employees. Instead, it is turning into an "hour cutter" law and a lot of employees are not happy about it.



Tags: ObamaCare To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

Search This Blog