Saturday, October 06, 2012

"Mojito" makes me think about Cuba's future

We spoke with Brian Lloyd French about his book "Mojito".

We would definitely recommend the book.  It is a good read.  It also made me think about Cuba's future, a topic of interest to many of us.

I happen to be optimistic about Cuba's future.  The island will probably go through a confusing transition after the Castro brothers die naturally or some other way.

My guess is that the US will step in and provide the kind of cash and assistance that the new government needs.  Also, Cuban-Americans in the US will be a part of remaking Cuba, from a communist country to a new democratic republic. 

Yes I am optimistic but also realistic enough to say that the transition will be hard.

Read Brian's book.  It is a good and compelling story.  At the same time, it will make you think about a future Cuba. 

Click here for our chat with Brian L. French:


Listen to internet radio with Silvio Canto Jr on Blog Talk Radio


Tags: "Mojito" makes me think about Cuba's future  To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

Search This Blog