Monday, March 30, 1981

March 30, 1981: President Reagan was shot!

Image result for reagan shot newspaper images
On March 30 1981, I was having lunch in Mexico City with a British friend and the phone rang.  It was my mother calling from Dallas saying that President Reagan had been shot.
Reagan nearly died. He was clearly affected by the shooting, physically and emotionally.
Looking back, we remember some great Reagan lines:
“Honey, I forgot to duck” (The President’s words to the First Lady)
”Please tell me you’re Republicans.” (The President greets the surgeons)
Reagan survived and went on to have two very successful terms.  Nevertheless, we remember that sick feeling hearing that the President had been shot in Washington DC.
P.S.  You can listen to my show.  If you like our posts, please look for ”Donate” on the right column of the blog page.








Search This Blog