Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Christmas 1970: The Carpenters & "Merry Christmas darling"


Christmas music is great.  I love the traditional favorites based on the birth of Christ, such as "Holy Night" or "Silent Night".  

There are some good pop songs.   "Merry Christmas Darling" was recorded by The Carpenters just in time for Christmas 1970.  It became a classic immediately.  It is one of my favorites.


Here is the song:

 "Greeting cards have all been sent The Christmas rush is through
But I still have one wish to make A special one for you
Merry Christmas, darling We're apart, that's true
But I can dream And in my dreams
I'm Christmasing with you
Holidays are joyful There's always something new
But every day's a holiday When I'm near to you
The lights on my tree I wish you could see
I wish it every day The logs on the fire
Fill me with desire To see you and to say
That I wish you Merry Christmas Happy New Year too
I've just one wish  On this Christmas Eve
I wish I were with you
The lights on my tree I wish you could see
I wish it every day The logs on the fire
Fill me with desire To see you and to say
That I wish you Merry Christmas Happy New Year too I've just one wish
On this Christmas Eve
I wish I were with you I wish I were with you
Merry Christmas, darling?


 P.S.  Check out my blog for posts, podcasts and videos. If you like our posts, please look for ”Donate” on the right column of the blog page.


Search This Blog