Wednesday, December 30, 1970

A word about Davy Jones (1945-2012)

We remember Davy Jones who was born in the UK on this day in 1945.   He died in 2012.

Davy Jones was one of The Monkees, the pop group that had a bunch of hits for a couple of years in the late 1960's. 

Davy was the girls' favorite.  I remember that my sister had Davy Jones posters on her wall.  She was a huge fan of the group's music and their weekly TV series.

The Monkees sold millions of records.   They were actually a pretty good group and I liked many of their songs, too.  However, their success faded as the TV show went off the air.

Davy was the lead vocalist on "Daydream Believer", a # 1 song in December 1967. 

He also sang lead on "A little bit me, a little bit you", another chart topper from March '67 and the second Neil Diamond tune recorded by the group.  (The other was "I'm a believer")

 P.S.  Check out my blog for posts, podcasts and videos. If you like our posts, please look for ”Donate” on the right column of the blog page.




Search This Blog