Tuesday, December 15, 1970

Who remembers watching “Marcelino pan y vino”?

Image result for marcelino pan y vino

Many years ago, my father took my brother and I to see “Marcelino pan y vino” in Cuba.   I don’t remember when we saw it but it should have been around 1962.   The movie was shown at a church.   My guess is that it was not a public event because the Catholic schools had already been shut down.
“Marcelino is an orphan who grows up in a monastery. One day when he eats his small meal in a room full of old things he gives a piece of his bread to an old wooden Jesus figure – and indeed it takes the bread and eats it. Getting a wish granted for his donation Marcelino wishes to see his mother…”
Years later, I found the movie in the US and watched it with my parents again.   It brought back a lot of memories to all of us.
The Spanish version came out in 1955.   The English version, known as “The Miracle of Marcelino” came out in 1956.
It is not a Christmas movie but a good one to enjoy with family at this time:
 P.S.  Check out my blog for posts, podcasts and videos. If you like our posts, please look for ”Donate” on the right column of the blog page.

Search This Blog