Sunday, June 21, 2020

Happy Father's Day: Fathers, sons and baseball.

Who's Your Daddy? Sports Events are Ready to Cater to Him on ...
In my book “Cubanos in Wisconsin“, I related stories of watching baseball games with our late father.  

It seems like we spent every Sunday going to church, running home to grab our hats, on a bus to the stadium, cheering for the players, eating too much food and then going home exhausted from such a wonderful day.    

Like many others, we left Cuba and came to the US.    Our love for baseball got stronger every year.   We attended baseball games with my father in Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York and Texas.  

Baseball gave us an opportunity to bond with our dad.   He taught us to calculate batting averages and to appreciate a good pitching effort.    

Every Father’s Day, I think of my father and all of those games we watched over time.      

P.S.  You can listen to my show (Canto Talk) and follow me on Twitter.    Check my baseball stories and memories of my father: 



Search This Blog