Monday, June 11, 1990

1990: Nolan Ryan no-hitter # 6

On this day in 1990, the amazing Nolan Ryan pitched his 6th no-hitter in Oakland.  
Ryan pitched a no-hitter for 3 different teams (Angels, Astros & Rangers) and 3 different decades.

On a personal note, I did not watch the whole game.    It was a Pacific time game, or it started in Texas at 9 pm.   I fell asleep after 3 or 4 innings and did not watch it.  
I heard about it the next morning when when the alarm went off at 6 am.   It was one of the leading stories on the radio!    
Ryan flirted with no-hitters a couple of times in 1989, or his first year in Texas.   In fact, I was at one of those games when he took a perfect game into the 9th, or 25 outs!  Then he gave up a single!  
The amazing Mr. Ryan!
P.S.  You can listen to my show.  If you like our posts, please look for ”Donate” on the right column of the blog page.

Search This Blog