Wednesday, June 24, 1970

Summer songs: Junior Walker's "What does it take"!


It's one of my all time favorite songs!  They are one of my favorite groups.

I'm talking about Jr Walker's "What does it take", a tune from school days and from the golden era of AM Top 40 radio.


He recorded other hits like "Shotgun", a great version of "These eyes" and some good albums. They sound better with age.

"What does it take" is still my favorite. I will add it to my I-Pod whenever I get one:
"What does it take (What does it take)To win your love for me? (To win your love for me)How can I make (How can I make)This dream come true for me? (Had a dream for you)Whoa, I just got to know (Have to know)
Ooo, baby 'cause I love you so'
Gonna blow for you'I tried, I tried, I tried, I tried In every way I could (Anyway I could)To make you see how much I love you (See how much I love you)Woo!I thought you understood (Thought you understood)So, you gotta make me see (Make me see)
What does it take To win your love for me?"

Search This Blog