Wednesday, February 05, 2020

Getting to know Rush

Image result for rush limbaugh images"
Like many of you, I was shocked to hear about Rush Limbaugh and lung cancer.  By coincidence, I tuned in just as he was explaining his situation.
Back in the fall of 1990, I was working on several projects down in Ciudad Juarez on the other side of the border from El Paso, Texas.  Juarez was a lot quieter back then.  
My work required me to fly to El Paso on Monday morning and spend a couple of days in Ciudad Juarez.  My plane from Dallas landed around 10:45 local time and then I rented a car for the drive across the border.
A few minutes after 11am, Rush would come on and I loved the show.  It was so different than anything on the radio those days.
Later, I found Rush on Dallas radio and I’ve been listening ever since.  He is wonderful and at times so hilariously funny.  Remember the one about Sharpton and Jackson the Justice Brothers?  Or President Clinton talking to Anne Richards and Mario Cuomo after the 1994 elections?
Rush’s success is that he is so genuine.  He actually believes what he is saying.
And he loves the US and what it stands for.
How much will we miss a full time Rush every day talking about politics and everything else?  I will miss him a lot.
How much will I miss him?  I can’t wait to hear what he has to say about this Iowa disaster on Tuesday night.  I hope that he can tell us very soon!
Photo credit: Rush Limbaugh.com
PS: You can listen to my show (Canto Talk).

Search This Blog