Thursday, October 15, 1970

October 15, 1951: The first "I love Lucy" episode in the US


Image result for I love Lucy images

  You can listen to my show.  If you like our posts, please look for ”Donate” on the right column of the blog page.
-------

It was an instant smash, to say the least.    "I love Lucy" aired on US TV on this day in 1951.    

It was the most popular situation comedy TV show of its day.    In fact, 72% of US household watched the episode when Lucy went to the hospital to give birth to Little Ricky.

The plot was different or a Cuban bandleader in New York married to one of the craziest housewives in the planet.    Add to that Fred & Ethel and you had all of the ingredients for a very funny episode.

"I love Lucy" lives on thanks to reruns and very funny episodes.   I think that I've seen all!

Search This Blog