Wednesday, July 08, 2020

We remember ABBA and not because of 'Mamma Mia"




We don't hear a lot about ABBA anymore, unless they do the "70s special" on the radio.    

ABBA's music did make a bit of a comeback because of a movie called "Mamma Mia". 
It took me a while to get into ABBA from Sweden. You don't usually associate Sweden with English language pop music. However, I came to like their music quite a bit. 

The group was 2 guys and 2 beautiful girls.  They were Benny Andersson,  Björn Ulvaeus, Anni-Frid Lyngstad (usually known as Frida) and Agnetha Fältskog.

My first recollection of ABBA is "I do I do I do I do".   It was a catchy tune and it enjoyed some airplay in US radio.  

Best of all, the two girls were a lot of fun to look at, specially singing "Dancing queen".

PS: You can listen to my show (Canto Talk) and follow me on Twitter.   If you like our posts, drop a dime here.

Search This Blog