Tuesday, July 07, 2020

Was Bob Lind the biggest "one hit wonder" ever?


Who else can you think of? What other pop artist released such a wonderful song and then never had a follow up hit?
 
"Precious and few" by Climax may be a close second.
 
Back in school days, I had an English Literature teacher named Miss Marcus who had recently started her teaching career.  She told me that "Elusive Butterfly" was one of the best examples of pop poetry.  She was right and I have always loved this song.
 
It is one of my favorite 45s! 

According to songfacts, the "narrator sees himself as a butterfly hunter. He is looking for romance, but he finds it as elusive as butterflies are to capture."
 
This is Bob Lind's "Elusive Butterfly" and those beautiful lyrics.
 
PS: You can listen to my show (Canto Talk) and follow me on Twitter.   If you like our posts, drop a dime here.
 
 

Search This Blog