Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Dr. Pauci sort of told the media to cut it out

Trump vs Fauci: President's gut sense collides with science | KTVU ...
Like many of you, I saw that bold Sunday afternoon headline on The Drudge Report about Fauci “unloading” on Trump.  
Normally, I don’t watch CNN.  Few people do as the ratings reports tell us. 
So I read Tony Katz and found this:     
America’s infectious disease expert, Dr. Anthony Fauci, appeared on CNN and told Jake Tapper that “obviously” fewer people would have coronavirus if we had shut down the country earlier. He punctuated it by saying there was “push back” to the idea:
Obviously, if we had right from the beginning shut everything down it may have been a little bit different. But there was a lot of pushback about shutting things down back then.
A full listen to his answers show Dr. Fauci wasn’t aggressively laying blame anywhere, and he repeatedly warned against second guessing. 
He stated clearly, for example, that comparisons to South Korea were illogical. 
Nevertheless, CNN was screaming all Sunday and Monday that Dr. Fauci and President Trump were on an inevitable clash.
Was he “going rogue” on President Trump?  Was the President going to fire him?
I didn’t think so specially after reading the transcript.  Therefore, I gave Dr. Fauci the benefit of the doubt.   
In the end, I was happy to see Dr. Fauci sort of tell the media to stop the partisan second guessing.  
P.S.  You can listen to my show (Canto Talk) and follow me on Twitter.

Search This Blog