Friday, November 24, 2006

We remember William F Buckley (1925-2008)



Image result for william f buckley
William F. Buckley was born on this day in 1925.  He died in 2008. (William F. Buckley Jr. Is Dead at 82
In the mid 1970’s, many of us young conservatives were recovering from Watergate. In my case, I found Buckley’s “Firing Line” show a wonderful place to see a conservative with wit, grace and a wonderful command of the language.   In fact, I would often jot down words and check them in the dictionary later. 
Then I got hooked on his columns, National Review and some of his books. I must confess that I did not read all of Buckley’s books.  I did enjoy “Overdrive” from the early 1980’s.   I read it during a flight. 
Buckley’s legacy is National Review, the magazine and wonderful website, and all of us conservative bloggers. 
Buckley was a pre-blog conservative. However, he certainly inspired all of us to blog conservative ideas. 
In sum, William F. Buckley had a wonderful life. Thanks for everything!
Can you imagine that round table in heaven?  Reagan, Friedman, Goldwater and Buckley! 
P.S.  You can listen to my show.  If you like our posts, please look for ”Donate” on the right column of the blog page.

Search This Blog