Sunday, November 12, 2006

Is there really a summer place called "Temma Harbour"?


Image result for mary hopkin temma harbour images
Mary Hopkin was one of the first recording stars who scored big hits on the Beatles' Apple label!

I remember "Temma Harbour".  It was a song about a summer paradise that sounded awfully good on that Apple Records 45 rpm single that I used to play.

This week, I was driving around Dallas and I heard that song again. 

It reminded me of a question that I never got an answer to: Is Temma Harbour a real place in the planet?  

Is there such a beautiful spot?  What place was Mary Hopkin singing about?

I don't know the answer but spending a weekend in Temma Harbour sounds great when our afternoon temperatures go over 100!


P.S.  You can listen to my show (Canto Talk).  If you like our posts, click send drop a dime here.


Search This Blog