Friday, June 28, 2019

A bad night for the unborn and legal immigration

It was about what I expected — a bunch of candidates in low single digits trying to survive to the next debate.  What I didn’t expect is how silly these candidates are, from abortion for “trans people” to the immediate citizenship of dreamers or trying to speak Spanish when they can’t.
After the debate, I concluded two things:
1) This is a party hostile to the unborn.  They will defend abortion at any point of the pregnancy.   My guess is that the Trump campaign will remind them of that in the general election; and,
2) The Democrats have forgotten that most of us came here legally and we appreciate the rule of law.
I cannot believe that no one stood up for legal immigration or the right of a sovereign nation to deport people who defy court notices.   It was like all of these candidates read the same ideas book and told us the same thing one by one.
I finally found something that describes my feelings over at Isues and Insights.  They call it “Democrats’ Cirque De Absurdite“.
Maybe “Ship of fools” would be a good headline but I think that someone made a movie with that name.
Wonder if # 2 will be any better?  Don’t bet on it!
P.S.  You can listen to my show (Canto Talk) and follow me on Twitter.

Tags: A bad night for the unborn and legal immigration To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

Search This Blog