Thursday, February 13, 2014

The lady from Texas has lost her tennis shoes

(My new American Thinker post)


Like many of you, I heard this headline on the radio and found it rather confusing.  In fact, I went to the Internet to make sure that I was properly informed. 

According to The Dallas Morning News, Wendy Davis said this:
"Wendy Davis said Tuesday that she would have supported a ban on abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy, if the law adequately deferred to a woman and her doctor.   
Davis, a Fort Worth senator and the likely Democratic nominee for governor, told The Dallas Morning News' editorial board that less than one-half of 1 percent of Texas abortions occur after 20 weeks of pregnancy.

Most of those were in cases where fetal abnormalities were evident or there were grave risks to the health of the woman.  

"I would line up with most people in Texas who would prefer that that's not something that happens outside of those two arenas," Davis said."
Here is the problem:  She did not say last July.  Furthermore, I guarantee you that none of her supporters at the Austin capitol were saying that.

First, am I the only one who thinks that this sounds a lot like then Senator Kerry saying that he voted for the $87 billion before he voted against it. or something like that?

Second, how much longer will the Democrats hitch their wagon to a woman who now supports the ban that she opposed and talks more about rifles than abortion?

P. S. You can hear CANTO TALK here & follow me on Twitter @ scantojr.


Check Out Politics Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Silvio Canto Jr on BlogTalkRadio





Tags: Senator Wendy Davis  To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

Search This Blog