Tuesday, February 05, 2008

NE 27, NY 20: Brady will win his 4th Super Bowl title today!



It will be a very good game and New England will win. 

I am not picking the Patriots because the Giants ended Dallas' season.  In other words, this is not vengeance but an "objective assessment" that NE is a better team than NY.

I am picking NE because Tom Brady is one of the best QBs ever and he will win his 4th title today.  Brady will join Bradshaw (Steelers) and Montana (49ers) as the only QBs who have won 4 Super Bowls.

Eli Manning is also a great QB and the Giants are playing great.  

Nevertheless, I am betting on Brady winning # 4 and writing another chapter in the Boston-NY rivalry.

Speaking of the Super Bowl, I am old enough to remember the first one, or Green Bay beating up Kansas City.  I think that a lot of NFL fans thought that the game was a "joke" because the Packers manhandled the Chiefs and then the Raiders the next year.  However, everything changed when the Jets beat the Colts and the AFL was on the map.  

The leagues finally merged in 1970 and we've called it the Super Bowl since.  Wonder how many fans realize that it was not that big of a game when it started in 1967?

My favorite Super Bowl was # 13, or when Pittsburgh beat Dallas.  I did not like the score but it was a great game.

My biggest shock was Super Bowl III or the Jets beating the Colts.  I watched that game with my dad and brother and we could not believe what we were watching:





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tags: Super Bowl 2012: Giants vs Patriots  To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

Search This Blog