Thursday, January 11, 2007
Are the Europeans serious?
The good news is that we got a big one in Somalia. See this From the AP:
"Fazul Abdullah Mohammed, who allegedly planned the 1998 bombings of two U.S. embassies in East Africa, was killed in a U.S. airstrike early Monday morning local time, according to an American intelligence report passed on to the Somali authorities.
"I have received a report from the American side chronicling the targets and list of damage," Abdirizak Hassan, the Somali president's chief of staff, told The Associated Press.
"One of the items they were claiming was that Fazul Abdullah Mohammed is dead."
If confirmed Mohammed's death would be a major victory for the U.S. in its hunt for the 1998 embassy bombers. The strike was part of the first U.S. offensive in the African country since 18 American soldiers were killed there in 1993."
Now, here is the bad news. See From Deutsche Welle:
"Italian Foreign Minister Massimo D'Alema said Rome opposed "unilateral initiatives that could spark new tensions in an area that is already very destabilized."
Norway, a member of the international contact group on Somalia along with Italy, said it was not satisfied with Washington's explanation of its conduct in Somalia and stressed that terrorism should be fought in a court room and not with military hardware.
The European Commission also slammed US moves to hunt down al Qaeda operatives in Somalia.
"Any incident of this kind is not helpful in the long term," a spokesman for the EU Commission told reporters in Brussels on Tuesday.
"Only a political solution can bring any serious prospects of peace and stability in Somalia."
I'm sorry citizens of the world. We are trying to protect our country, and indirectly yours, from people like the ones we nailed today.
Is anyone serious in Europe anymore?
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- Hugo's golpe, part 2
- Gingrich on Iran
- Hillary was not misled! She is misleading us!
- Please put the demonstrations on TV for all to see...
- A "golpe" by Hugo
- You can not detach HIllary from Bill
- How can you believe anything from this woman's mou...
- Bush is looking to Iran
- Is Code Pink against abortion?
- Watch for Ralph Nader in 2008!
- Why is Senator Clinton hedging her Iraq War bets?
- Romney is looking better and better
- New version: Son de la loma
- The Bears have proven the experts wrong before!
- I like the Colts next Sunday
- The anti-war left does not like toothless words ei...
- Our Lady Macbeth?
- So long John Kerry
- It's OK to talk but.....
- Comprehensive immigration reform must include Mexi...
- Venezuela's brain drain
- From Caracas to Miami
- Crazy Chavez
- Hillary Clinton is no Margaret Thatcher
- Pres. Bush stands up, Dems continue their non-bind...
- Can we get serious about Social Security reform?
- Pres. Bush, the critics and General Petraeus
- Pres. Bush and immigration
- More on Chavez and Venezuela
- Democrats want a different approach on abortion
- Abortion and states
- Be patient, we are winning the abortion battle!
- Hillary Clinton and Saturday Night Live
- Another UN scandal!
- Senator Reid and Venezuela
- 34 years: 30 million abortions
- Looking for a husband? Try China!
- Can you believe this?
- Listen to your grandparents about the weather repo...
- Dems were for more troops before Bush was more tro...
- If you don't have a plan then do a non-binding res...
- After the 100 hours.....
- Obama-mania is anti-Hillary-ism
- Shouldn't we expect something better from a presid...
- Pres. Bush spoke a week ago....where is the Democr...
- The cadaverish dictator
- Sowell and the Bush critics
- Memo to Democrats: Don't wreck the US economy!
- The very liberal Senator Obama
- The latest from Hugo
- What is Granma saying about Fidel?
- Fidel is a sick rich man
- Did Cuba's health care system kill Fidel?
- No more political calculations: We need a yes or ...
- A lot of human hot air!
- Welcome Senator Obama: Now tell us where you stan...
- Nancy and Tuna, part 2
- Nancy's tuna
- Will the feminists defend a black Republican woman...
- What would Rev ML King say?
- The 100 hour show is a show
- A non-binding resolution is a worthless piece of p...
- A preview of 2008: McCain vs Obama
- VP Cheney on Iran
- Everybody has an opinion but Pres. Bush has a solu...
- A few more thoughts about the Hall of Fame vote
- New Orleans is a great NFL story
- The immigration debate is pure madness
- Can the Democrats get more specific?
- It was really 40 years ago!
- Pres. Bush's speech
- Are the Europeans serious?
- An update on Juan Carlos Herrera-Acosta, political...
- Our next move in Iraq must address Iran
- Congratulations to Tony Gwynn
- Congratulations to Cal Ripken
- Hugo and the investors
- Show me some spine, fellow Democrats!
- Some new Cuban jokes
- We killed an Al Qaeda leader in Somalia but the De...
- Cut and run equals people die!
- Shouldn't we have a full US Senate?
- The lefties are starting to show their frustration...
- The latest from Hugo in Venezuela
- Ethics reform starts with Jefferson and Conyers
- Let me pick Florida tonight
- Saddam found Arafat rather than a virgin!
- Low taxes equals prosperity
- How many Catholic Italian grandmothers believe in ...
- McCain makes a lot of sense
- How did this happen in Seattle?
- The Democrats' Iraq problem
- The US economy continues to be the envy of the wor...
- The Democrats and the rowdy children of the left
- Strategy 2007: Let the Democrats call some plays!
- Is this a joke from Mexico? I hope so!
- Castro's Cuba: How to tell "mentiras' with numbers...
- Cocaine is not Obama's problem
- The minimum wage kills jobs
- Well done, Pres. Calderon
- Pres. Bush and the current historians
- Pres. Ford and those current historians
- Some Saddam revisionism
- Thank God for Thomas Sowell!
- Happy New Year
- ▼ January (105)
- ► 2006 (1045)
- ► 2005 (400)