Thursday, October 04, 1979

1957: "Leave it to Beaver" made its TV debut


(  You can listen to my show.  If you like our posts, please look for ”Donate” on the right column of the blog page.)
------


"Leave it to Beaver", one of my all time favorite shows, made its debut today in 1957.    The show had four characters that everyone could love:  Dad Ward Cleaver, Mom June Cleaver, Wally and Beaver.    And let's not forget Eddie Haskell, who probably drove every mother crazy!

"Beaver" lasted until 1963 so I saw it in reruns.    


It is just a fun show with no deep meanings or messages about this or that.    Just a kid growing up with a responsible dad, loving mom and older brother.    In fact, I think that the show's success is that so many of us see our family in those characters.


By the way, I voted Mrs Cleaver as my favorite TV mom a few years ago.    Still love the show:


Search This Blog