Tuesday, August 29, 2006

We remember Michael Jackson (1959-2009)


The Two Lives of Michael Jackson | The New Yorker

It's still hard to believe that Michael Jackson died in 2009 at age 50.  What a shock!

Like so many others, I loved The Jackson 5.  They were great.

In recent years, Michael Jackson really turned me off.   I did not enjoy his image, music or anything about him.   Frankly, I thought that he was repulsive.

Nevertheless, we do recognize his contributions to pop music.     He had some great solo songs in the 1970's, such as the "Off the Wall" album.   His best solo work was probably the "Thriller" album from the early 1980's.   It sold lots of copies!

I always did like "I'll be there" and the other Jackson 5 songs.

P.S.  You can listen to my show.  If you like our posts, please look for ”Donate” on the right column of the blog page.



Search This Blog