Tuesday, July 14, 1970

President Ford, the man with the pipe


Image result for gerald ford
President Ford was born on this day in 1913.  He died in 2006.

The 38th president spent much of his post presidency enjoying a well deserved retirement.  He made a few appearances but generally stayed home and enjoyed his wonderful wife and family. 

Yes, President Ford often smoked a pipe in public. He may have been the last president to smoke in public.   

Who remembers this from the day he became president:
"I am acutely aware that you have not elected me as your President by your ballots.   So I ask you to confirm me as your President with your prayers."    
I remember Pres. Ford making that statement. I think that it went over very well with much of the country.

P.S.  You can listen to my show.  If you like our posts, please look for ”Donate” on the right column of the blog page.





Search This Blog