So let's check out a couple of books about the presidents:
1. "The American Political Tradition and the Men Who Made It" by Richard Hofstadter (Knopf, 1948)
2. "George Washington: Man and Monument" by Marcus Cunliffe (Little, Brown, 1958).
3. "Thomas Jefferson and the New Nation" by Merrill D. Peterson (Oxford, 1970).
4. "Lincoln" by David Herbert Donald (Simon & Schuster, 1995).
5. "Roosevelt: The Lion and the Fox" by James MacGregor Burns (Harcourt, Brace, Jovanovich, 1956).
Let me say this. I have not read these 5 books. I will make it a point to do so.