Monday, July 10, 2006

1970: Mick Jagger as Ned Kelly the outlaw


What can you find flipping channels these days?   How about Mick Jagger playing an outlaw in a 1970 movie?

Yes, Mick as "Ned Kelly" as the legendary Australian outlaw.  

According to a NY Times review from October 1970:  
"As the ill-fated titular hero, Mick Jagger, the rock singer, with a beard that makes him appear more Amish than Australian, is, sadly, simply a dour renegade who rarely becomes the "wild colonial boy" of the legend. "
It's an OK movie and I kept looking for the other Stones.   At one point, I thought that Charlie Watts was in the Kelly clan.   

I'd give it a "C" for curious.   I mean that it was curious to watch Mick doing something different than "Jumpin' Jack Flash".

P.S.  You can listen to my show (Canto Talk).  If you like our posts, click send, and drop a dime here.




Search This Blog