Sunday, January 11, 2004

2004: How Dan Rather got lots of us to start blogging

Image result for dan rather black eye images
Back in September 2004, many of us were trying out to figure out this new medium of “blogging”.   Finally, it was Dan Rather and that awful story about President George W. Bush that got me started for good.

During the ’04 election, I warned my liberal friends outside of Texas to avoid the Bush military service story. 

As I told them on the phone, or even some media people who called for interviews or reactions, the story surfaced in 1994 when George W. Bush challenged incumbent Governor Anne Richards. 

It came out during the campaign and Bush answered some questions. Richards dropped it, in the same way that Al Gore killed it in 2000. 

I warned my liberal friends to stay away from this story, because it was not a story.  It was a lot of nonsense promoted by people with an anti-Bush agenda rather than reporting the truth.

I said: Don’t fall for this garbage.   

But my liberal friends are bad listeners. They should listen to me more often. 

The liberals of 2004 could not avoid "the red meat" of an anti-Bush story.

They fell for it like a bunch of suckers eating out of Karl Rove’s hand. 

And so they learned the hard way that the story was nonsense, as many of us had warned them!  

Eventually, they had to admit that the documents could not verified

I was so angry at that CBS story back in 2004 that I decided to “blog post” my opinions. 

Thank you, Dan Rather!
 P.S.  Check out my blog for posts, podcasts and videos. If you like our posts, please look for ”Donate” on the right column of the blog page.

Search This Blog