Thursday, October 09, 1980

"Julia" and more John Lennon memories!


(This is John and his mother Julia)

A couple days ago, we posted about John Lennon and his songs.

Of course, John was killed in December 1980 outside his New York City apartment.

We remember a great song from The Beatles' White Album.

This is "Julia", a song about his mother who was killed in an accident when John was a teenager.

Here is that song about Julia, his mother, and Aunt Mimi, who became very close to him.

P.S.  You can listen to my show.  If you like our posts, please look for ”Donate” on the right column of the blog page.


(Lennon/McCartney)
Half of what I say is meaningless
But I say it just to reach you, Julia
Julia, Julia, oceanchild, calls me
So I sing a song of love, Julia
Julia, seashell eyes, windy smile, calls me
So I sing a song of love, Julia
Her hair of floating sky is shimmering,
glimmering In the sun
Julia, Julia, morning moon, touch me
So I sing a song of love, Julia
When I cannot sing my heart
I can only speak my mind, Julia
Julia, sleeping sand, silent cloud, touch me
So I sing a song of love, Julia
Hum hum hum hum... calls me
So I sing a song of love for Julia, Julia, Julia"

 


Search This Blog