Friday, July 01, 2016

A new Barry Gibb album later this year

The Bee Gees ended when Barry Gibb lost his brothers Robin (2012) and Maurice (2003).    

They were one of the most successful music acts of the last 50 years.    

Barry Gibb is the second most successful songwriter after Paul McCartney.

Barry is apparently ready to get back into music world and release the first album of new Gibb material since their passing.    It is also his first first solo album since "Now voyager" in 1984.

This is what Barry told the media:
“This is a dream come true for me,” Gibb gushed in a statement. “It’s a new chapter in my life. I always hoped one day that The Bee Gees would be with Columbia or indeed Sony so, it’s a great joy for me to start again this way with such great people.”
The forthcoming album was recorded in Miami and produced by Gibbs and John Merchant........."
Barry's solo album will be another family act with songs co-written with his sons Stephen and Ashley.

Let me confess that I was not a great fan of the Gibb's solo efforts.   They were always better together.   Nevertheless, I look forward to Barry's new effort.



Tags: Barry Gibb 2016  To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

Search This Blog