Saturday, October 07, 2000

October 1962: "Love me do" was released today!


(You can listen to my show (Canto Talk) and follow me on Twitter.    If you like our posts, drop a dime here.)
---------
It started many years ago in October 1962. 

John, Paul, George & newcomer Ringo released their first single in the UK.  It made it to the Top 20 and opened the way for bigger songs later. 

In 1963, The Beatles made it to #1 with "Please please me" & "She loves you".  In early 1964, they were performing on The Ed Sullivan Show in New York and Beatlemania was going strong in the US.

In the US, these two songs were included in an LP "The Early Beatles".   In the UK, both songs were in the first LP.

You can hear them here:    "Love me do" & "P.S. I love you".  This is a great book about all of their songs:


Search This Blog