Tuesday, May 10, 2022

We remember my mother Angela (1929-2021)


Our wonderful mother Angela was born in Ciego de Avila, Cuba, on this 1929.  She died in 2021 or a day after turning 92. 
It was my mom and dad who decided to come to the U.S. so the three of us would grow up in freedom.  They saw communism eye to eye, fought it, learned how evil it is, and decided that it was not for them. 
It was not an easy decision to pick up and leave your homeland.
They were forced to start all over again in the U.S.  Yes, it was tough at first, but my parents were so grateful that the U.S. gave us a new chance to start again. 
One of my favorite memories was 1984 and how she worked hard to become a U.S. citizen.  Why 1984?  She wanted to vote for President Reagan and say thank you to the U.S. 
We take a few minutes to share some quotes about mothers:
RIP my mom!
P.S.  You can listen to my show.  If you like our posts, please look for ”Donate” on the right column of the blog page.


Search This Blog