Saturday, April 15, 2023

Happy Tax Day





We get to celebrate another Tax Day in the U.S.  Our return was submitted a week ago, so I won't be rushing to the post office today.  

Once again, I will remember that we need tax reform. We need to throw out the current tax code and replace it with a national sales tax or something that requires everybody to pay taxes.

In other words, the U.S. should be more like Texas or other states where the tax code actually helps the economy.

No income taxes and I'm marching with the spirit of George Harrison today.  

 "Let me tell you how it will be There's one for you, nineteen for me 

'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman

Should five per cent appear too small

Be thankful I don't take it all

'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah I'm the taxman

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street,

If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat.

If you get too cold I'll tax the heat,

If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet.

Don't ask me what I want it for

If you don't want to pay some more

'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman

And you're working for no one but me." 

P.S.  You can listen to my show.  If you like our posts, please look for ”Donate” on the right column of the blog page.


Search This Blog