Friday, March 06, 1970

We remember Elizabeth Barrett Browning (1806-1861)

Image result for elizabeth barrett browning images
Elizabeth Barrett Browning was born on this day in 1806.   She was an English poet of the Romantic Movement.      

On September 12, 1846Elizabeth Barrett eloped with Robert Browing.   They had a son in 1849 and lived happily ever after.

"How Do I Love Thee?" (Sonnet 43) is probably Barrett Browning's most famous poem today.  It was written during her courtship with Robert Browning.
"How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight for the ends of being and ideal grace."
P.S.  Check out my blog for posts, podcasts and videos. If you like our posts, please look for ”Donate” on the right column of the blog page.






Search This Blog