Wednesday, January 06, 2010

The Three Wise Men put Christ in Christmas


It is a story right out of The Bible:
"When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. 11On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped Him. Then they opened their treasures and presented Him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh. 12And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route."
Unlike Santa Claus, these wise men did bring gifts to the baby Jesus.

Don't misunderstand.   I have nothing against Santa Claus, "Jingle Bell Rock" or Christmas office parties.    I love them too.  

 I'm just saying that the story of The Three Wise Men is about the baby Jesus and that's what Christmas is really all about.   This is why I love the story so much.   This is why I'm thankful that I grew up hearing the story.

We remembered Three Wise Men on Tuesday's show with Tersi Bendiburg (storyteller) and Amarilys Rassler (author).  

P.S.  You can listen to my show (Canto Talk) and follow me on Twitter.  If you like our posts, drop a dime here.


Check Out Christianity Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Silvio Canto Jr on BlogTalkRadio


Search This Blog