Wednesday, August 17, 2016

We remember Jimmy Webb & the late Richard Harris!


We remember Jimmy Webb's songs and Richard Harris' vocals!

Many years ago, Richard Harris, the late British actor, and Jimmy Webb got together to record "A tramp shining", a great album.

It included songs like "Didn't we", "Lovers such as I" and the incomparable "MacArthur Park".

The album was a top 10 bestseller and nominated for a Grammy.

"MacArthur Park" was a top 10 single as well.

After the album, Harris went back to acting and Webb kept on writing, such as "Galveston" for Glen Campbell.

I think that the Harris/Webb union produced one of the best, most creative and beautiful albums of the pop era.

Here is "MacArthur Park.

P.S.  You can listen to my show.  If you like our posts, please look for ”Donate” on the right column of the blog page.



"Spring was never waiting for us, girl It ran one step ahead As we followed in the dance Between the parted pages and were pressed In love's hot, fevered ironLike a striped pair of pants MacArthur's Park is melting in the dark All the sweet, green icing flowing down Someone left the cake out in the rain I don't think that I can take it 'Cause it took so long to bake it And I'll never have that recipe again Oh, no! I recall the yellow cotton dressFoaming like a wave On the ground around your knees The birds, like tender babies in your hands And the old men playing checkers by the trees MacArthur's Park is melting in the dark All the sweet, green icing flowing down Someone left the cake out in the rain I don't think that I can take it'Cause it took so long to bake it And I'll never have that recipe again Oh, no! There will be another song for me For I will sing it There will be another dream for meSomeone will bring it I will drink the wine while it is warm And never let you catch me looking at the sun And after all the loves of my life After all the loves of my life You'll still be the one I will take my life into my handsand I will use it I will win the worship in their eyesand I will lose it I will have the things that I desire And my passion flow like rivers through the sky And after all the loves of my life After all the loves of my life I'll be thinking of you And wondering why MacArthur's Park is melting in the dark All the sweet, green icing flowing down Someone left the cake out in the rain I don't think that I can take it 'Cause it took so long to bake it And I'll never have that recipe again Oh, no!"

Search This Blog